BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Backstory

Currently my back is 30 years old. For the first 20 years of my life my back treated me well. It was in my early 20's that it began turn against me. It started off slow just nagging and annoying me, but I was always able to hush it up with some over the counter anti-inflammatory (Thank you Ibuprofen I miss you but you ate my stomach and I can't be your friend anymore.) Then my back decided it would not be hushed so easy...still I ignored it. Then one day I was walking from class pushed open a door and was paralyzed in pain.  Pain shot from my lower back throughout my whole body. I was so scared I wasn't sure what to do. Should I scream for help? Well I didn't.  I recollect my self and inch by inch I forced my body to my car it was a long time getting there. Long because each step was excruciating, my car was not far at all.  A few times I didn't think I was going to make it but I am a very strong person mentally and I am excellent at mind over matter and I made it.  Once safe in my car I freaked out again ... what the hell was happening to me.  My back won this time I took it to the doctor and so began my journey with useless doctors and their useless advice and their useless pain pills. A ten year journey that has lead me to my current doctor, who is the first real doctor that has helped me.
Back to my story.  I went to the doctor and she told me I most likely pulled a muscle.  I thought wow maybe I can't handle pain as well as I thought.  She gave me muscle relaxers and sent me on my way.  After a day I could not walk at all.  My friend drove me back to the doctor and carried me in.  The doctor ordered MRIs.  She said "you are too young to have disk problems but your symptoms say otherwise, I am sure it is just a pulled muscle." WRONG MRI's show herniated disks and more.  Pain killers, steroids and a few days later back on my feet all is well... or so I thought.
I will fill in more backstory later for now I am going to lay on my heating pad.

0 comments: